Known as La Zona G (short for “gourmet”) or the Gourmet Zone, this eastern neighborhood of Bogota borders Centro Financiero and is a trending area whose gentrification began over ten years ago when some of the neighborhood’s best restaurants opened. Recently the neighborhood has seen a sharp rise in the number of five-star international eateries, making Zona G one of Bogota’s up-and-coming fine dining destinations.
The nightlife in this area of Bogota includes restaurants that serve both traditional Bogota dishes and international cuisine. Here are just a few of the best eateries in Zona G:
- Astrid y Gaston: Featuring a nice array of Peruvian dishes.
- Criterion: This is the only Five Star Diamond Award-winning restaurant (2008) in Colombia, serving the very best in French-fusion cuisine.
- Harry Sasson Restaurante: Serving up dishes with Asian influences and also boasts a large wine list from areas like California and France.
- MASA Restaurant: An American bakery and brunch eatery featuring a lunch and dinner menu created by its New York City-trained chef.
- La Table de Michel: This French restaurant offers guests traditional cuisine, a nice wine list and a menu that is translated to many different languages.
- Gostinos 69: An affordable, yet delicious seafood restaurant located at Carrera 5, No. 69A-30.
- Bagatelle: Offering a wide array of sandwiches, salads, crepes, plus breakfast and brunch, Bagatelle was formerly a bakery and still keeps its Parisian style and cuisine.
- La Biferia: This upscale steakhouse prides itself on focusing on the quality, cuts and preparation of their beef.
- Attica: A restaurant and lounge combo, this Asian eatery features signature cocktails, fresh sushi, and even live DJ music (Wednesday through Friday only).
- Los Cabos Parrilla de Mar: Showcasing over 70 dishes that feature Pacific and Colombia/Carribean cuisine, Los Cabos is a definitely must on any foodie’s culinary stop tour.
- Tony Roma’s: Locals and tourists can sample American barbeque dishes at this American-chain eatery.
- Kong: This classic Chinese restaurant features mainly Szechuan dishes and offers a bar on its first floor for cocktails.
- Julia Pizzeria: An Italian pizza restaurant that features delicious pizzas, antipasti, salads and sweets.
- Soco: An Arabic-Mediterranean fusion eatery open Monday through Sunday.
- La Cigale: This upscale French Bistro restaurant features a five-star menu in a fun, casual setting.
- Suna: Offering local, organic and sustainable food, this health food restaurant also has a deli shop that sells high-quality meats.
Zona G also has five large hotel chains all located within a few blocks of each other: Hilton Bogota, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, the Four Season Casa Medina, Marriot, and Embassy Suites.
The area is a popular neighborhood where locals and tourists can stroll and take in the many high-end, up-and-coming restaurants, with a quieter atmosphere than that of adjacent communities like Zona T. Zona G does boast a chic nightlife however, with upscale bars like Bistronomy, Gigi’s Wine Market, and the V.O. Tapas Bar being great choices if one is seeking a few drinks with friends but don’t want to venture into neighboring La Candelaria.
Getting around Zona G is fairly easy, as it’s a great neighborhood for walking, and most of the businesses are located close together; however, bicycles are a popular way to get in and around this neighborhood as well as its nearby communities. There are also buses, the SITP system, and cabs and taxis available as well.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get all the news from our website directly to your mail